Govt. College Lawan is situated in the town of Lawan, Near NH130 B, Dist. Baloda Bazar – Bhatapara, Chhattisgarh.
It is located at a distance of 100 km from the state capital Raipur and 19 km away from the district head quarter Baloda Bazar.
It was established by the Govt. of Chhattisgarh, Department of Higher Education in the year 2009. Since then, this institution has deepened the roots of higher education in rural areas of Lawan and its vicinity. Our college has been recognised under 2 (f) and 12(B) of UGC act 1956. It is co-educational institute under Govt. of Chhattisgarh and affiliated to Pandit Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur, C.G. The college has land area of around 25 acres which provides a vast opportunity for infrastructural development. In 2009, this institute started with undergraduate programmes in science, arts and commerce. Since its inception, the college has grown remarkably in 9 years. In the year 2016 it has received its first approval to offer post graduate programme, M.A. in Hindi Literature with later on 2018 added with few more like M.Sc. Chemistry and M.A. Political Science. It is an institute equipped with numerous facilities like Library, Science & Geography Laboratories, Seminar Hall, Sports facilities etc. In the session 2020-21, 789 students were enrolled in the various programmes offered by the college.
In the academic session 2021-22 the college has started two new courses of computer education viz. Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application (PGDCA) and Diploma in Computer Application (DCA) under the self-finance scheme.